Director, Clinical Research
Full time position
Axovant develops transformative gene therapies for patients with life-altering neurologic conditions.
Our mission is to identify, develop, and bring to market high-impact therapies that have the potential to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about treating neurological conditions and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for both patients and caregivers. Our team is motivated by the promise of novel drug development and is driven to find more efficient and effective ways to conduct scientific and clinical evaluations that rapidly deliver impactful medicines to patients in need.
Our leadership team has a track record bringing innovative new neurotherapeutic treatments to a global market, and along with our seasoned board of directors, is fully committed to the responsible pursuit of transformative therapies for some of the world's most difficult conditions.
Study clinician supporting gene therapy program(s). Member of the clinical study team(s) supporting execution of clinical program under guidance of SVP - Clinical Development, and accountable for successful and timely delivery of the clinical program. Responsible for supporting design and implementation of clinical protocols, medical monitoring, regulatory reporting, scientific oversight of data collection, and final study report. Contribute to preparation for regulatory meetings to and regulatory filings as applicable. Identification, approval and engagement of investigators.
• Include key interactions or dependencies with other jobs, functional areas and/or external service providers
• If this role includes people management, describe this in one of the accountabilities below
• If this role includes financial responsibility (e.g. budget management, forecasting…etc.)
• Protocol development
• Preparation of documents for US and EU regulators
• Interactions with development alliance partners
• Engagement of Investigators and key opinion leaders
• Support scientific execution of global clinical studies to the highest standards
• Accountable for supporting the delivery of clinical study plan
To achieve our Company’s vision and mission, we move with urgency to develop and deliver innovative gene therapies that could transform the treatment of neurological and neuromuscular diseases. Since every day matters in the lives of our patients, we are committed to hiring people with a sense of urgency and orientation to “do what is right” to develop and deliver innovative gene therapies. We harness breakthrough science to challenge the status quo on behalf of patients and their families. We know that patients cannot wait, and neither will we.
Given our commitment patients and ethics, we seek to hire like minded individuals who are committed to ethically-achieved performance. Behavioral requirements for this position include:
• Being an integrity role model by visibly and consistently speaking and acting the values of our Global Code of Business Conduct and Ethics;
• Timely completing, and ensuring you understand the content of, all required legal and compliance training courses;
Acting with respect and in a professional manner in all business relationships (with colleagues within Axovant and with external stakeholders).
• MD or MD/PhD with Board certification in neurology preferred.
Experience (e.g. Jobs, supervisory, industry, international, etc…):
• A minimum of 2 years' in either biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience or relevant academic research, ideally with gene therapy/precision genetic medicine in the therapeutic area of CNS and rare-disease
• Knowledge of Parkinson’s disease highly desirable
• Experience within small biotech organizations a plus
Specialized knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
1) Gene therapy/editing, precision genetic medicine development
2) Working knowledge of industry Clinical Development process across Phases I – III
3) Experience in neurodegenerative disorders including rare disease
• Demonstrated alignment with Axovant values and culture
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Hands-on, can do attitude
• Critical thinker
• Personal credibility and poise
Working conditions (ability to travel, lifting….etc.):
• Travel ± 10% time: domestic and international
This is an exciting time to join the field of gene therapy in general, and to become a part of Axovant Gene Therapies’ fast-growing dedicated team. Axovant Gene Therapies is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: AXGT). We offer an exciting, meaningful and collaborative fast-paced environment with a foundation of sound and rigorous science. Competitive compensation and benefits package can be expected.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
We maintain a list of approved professional recruiting agencies with which we have signed agreements. Candidates will be considered only when the agency has a signed agreement and Human Resources authorization to present candidates for a specified position(s). Candidates submitted outside of this process are considered unsolicited and will not be considered. Agencies interested in establishing a relationship with Axovant may send company information to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the Human Resources team will contact you if we require the services your company offers.