Senior Director/ VP, Non-Clinical Development
Full time position
Axovant develops transformative gene therapies for patients with life-altering neurologic conditions.
Our mission is to identify, develop, and bring to market high-impact therapies that have the potential to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about treating neurological conditions and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for both patients and caregivers. Our team is motivated by the promise of novel drug development and is driven to find more efficient and effective ways to conduct scientific and clinical evaluations that rapidly deliver impactful medicines to patients in need.
Our leadership team has a track record bringing innovative new neurotherapeutic treatments to a global market, and along with our seasoned board of directors, is fully committed to the responsible pursuit of transformative therapies for some of the world's most difficult conditions.
The Senior Director/VP of Early Development will oversee all the in vivo and in vitro work supporting Axovant’s product portfolio through various phases of development and commercialization. They will lead key functional areas including Nonclinical and BioAnalytical, supporting activities across the R&D organization (Non-Clinical, Clinical, and CMC). They will serve as a key stakeholder within the R&D organization and serve as a representative on the product teams and Senior management team. This individual will provide strategic guidance and oversight on regulatory filings and updates to various regulatory bodies. They will be responsible for defining and implementing corporate values and cultural goals as defined by the Senior management team. They will lead by example setting a strong positive culture through individual management and representation on product teams. This individual will work closely with Project management to define goals and objectives, timelines, and budgets.
• Lead the Nonclinical and BioAnalytical functional areas supporting Axovant’s portfolio of products.
• Supervise at least two full time employees and manage consultants and contract employees.
• Serve as functional representative on matrix teams representing Nonclinical and BioAnalytical areas.
• Provide global corporate leadership through strategic feedback and guidance on advancement of product through all phases of development.
• Draft and review of all regulatory documents and responses.
• Serve on Senior Management Team to support Axovant’s advancement of our product pipeline, business objectives, and building a strong positive culture.
• Represent the company internally and externally to key stakeholders.
• Highly skilled manager leading multiple functional areas (Nonclinical and BioAnalytical)
• Strong communication skills and ability to message up and down. This includes summarizing information to various stakeholders across broad backgrounds.
• Exemplary leader across matrix organization with oversight of various functional areas (directly or indirectly) as well as product teams.
• Visionary strategist supporting product advancement through all stages of development and commercialization
• Willing to travel 25% of the time.
• Support Senior Management team in defining goals and objectives for the company, define key cultural objectives, and setting standards for excellence across corporate deliverables.
• Leading strong working relationships with key partners to advance products through development.
This is an exciting time to join the field of gene therapy in general, and to become a part of Axovant Gene Therapies’ fast-growing dedicated team. Axovant Gene Therapies is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: AXGT). We offer an exciting, meaningful and collaborative fast-paced environment with a foundation of sound and rigorous science. Competitive compensation and benefits package can be expected.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
We maintain a list of approved professional recruiting agencies with which we have signed agreements. Candidates will be considered only when the agency has a signed agreement and Human Resources authorization to present candidates for a specified position(s). Candidates submitted outside of this process are considered unsolicited and will not be considered. Agencies interested in establishing a relationship with Axovant may send company information to email@example.com. A member of the Human Resources team will contact you if we require the services your company offers.